We made it!!

We made it to Okinawa! The girls were absolutely amazing on the way over. It took us 5 flights, totalling 22 hours in the air. We are having a tough time trying to adjust to the time difference. The girls are waking up at 2 am every night and wanting to go to sleep for the night at 3 pm. I'm sure it's going to take a while to get us back on schedule.

We went car shopping today. The cars here are soooo ugly. There are some cars that are the same cars we have in America just under different names, but for the most part they are all little shoebox type cars. You can buy a decent used car here for under 3 grand. We have to go for our Japanese driver's test on Tuesday, we are going to need luck to pass that. It's going to be so weird to be driving on the opposite side of the road on the opposite side of the car!

I still don't have my computer so I can't update with any pictures. We have our housing brief tomorrow morning and should have a place within the next couple of weeks, cross your fingers for us!

I'm hoping that we adjust here easily and sooner rather than later. Driving through town in insane. You can't read Japanesse, so you have no clue what anything is. It's a complete and total culture shock. One day, when we get a car and when I'm brave enough to drive off base, I'll go out and take some photos. Until, then you'll just have to take my word for it. ; )

Comments

Popular Posts